Road Runners Club of Woodbury Member Code of Conduct
RRCW (the “Club” or “RRCW”) welcomes all comers as members. We maintain a simple Code of Conduct based on respect for all. Our Code is adapted from that of our parent organization, the Road Runners Club of America, which requires each Chapter to have a Code of Conduct.
To remain a member in good standing you agree to adhere to the following Code of Conduct.
- Follow the RRCW “Inclusive Community Policy,” which is in effect at all RRCW events, including races, meetings, Fun Runs and informal gatherings.
- Always show respect for your fellow Club members at all times;
- Always show respect and appreciation for the volunteers and officials who give their time to help the Club and/or event(s);
- Never yell, taunt, or threaten physical violence upon another member of the Club, a volunteer or event spectator (Members with a criminal history of violence or with a legal restraining order against them by another member may be barred from membership and participation in all Club activities);
- Never use abusive or vulgar language, or make racial, ethnic or gender-related slurs or derogatory comments at Club events;
- Never make unwanted sexual or physical contact with other members (Members found to be listed on a sex offender registry, convicted of a sex crime, or caught having, creating, or distributing child pornography will be immediately barred from membership and all participation in Club activities.);
- Always report violations of the Member Code of Conduct policy to the Board in writing. Reports should be submitted to: RRCW, 40 Newton Ave., Woodbury, NJ 08096.
- Reports of violations will be addressed by the Officers of the Club, whose decisions will be final.
- In the event a minor violation is deemed to have occurred it will be discussed with the member and a verbal warning will be issued. The warning will be documented by the Club. If the problem persists subsequent complaints will result in suspension from participation in Club activities.
- In the event that a more serious violation is deemed to have occurred the Club may take more serious action, including possible immediate suspension or expulsion.
- Individuals who have been suspended or have otherwise been denied permission to participate in an RRCA event for any reason, or individuals who have resigned from the Club, will not be permitted to participate in future Club events without the express permission of the Club Officers as determined by a formal vote.
- The Club reserves the right at all times to consult with its legal representative, to involve authorities as it deems appropriate, or to take legal action, including seeking a restraining order.
August 17, 2017